Jitterbug N Java, and Jim’s Cards and Comics, are much more than just a store. Soon they will be celebrating their 4th full year in business in Reedsport. Owners Jim and Darlene Ash brought a very eclectic mix of services and goods to the area, and serve it up with a smile in a family friendly atmosphere.
If there were ever a small business that truly represents entrepreneurship, this one does. Jim admits to being a “serial entrepreneur” for the majority of his life. He’s not all talk and no action either, having owned 5 sandwich shops in California and Oregon, a sports memorabilia and exchange store, an appliance store, and a wholesaler/trader of store display equipment and retail goods, to name a few. He has also been involved in business to business barter for years, owning a franchise of the largest barter and trade organization in the United States, ITEX.
Inside the building located at 2211 Winchester Ave (Hwy 101), Reedsport, OR, you will find:
- Organic roasted coffee from some of the best roasters in Oregon
- Great coffee, espresso and Hoagie sandwiches
- Music and sports memorabilia
- Artwork by Oregon painters, present and past, originals and signed copies
- Comics, sports cards and collectibles
- Appliances, refurbished and sold with a 30 day exchange guarantee.
- Movies, VHS and DVD.
- Music CD’s
- Sunday Jam and open mic sessions featuring the Strange Brew Band.
- Dance lessons and dancing (all day), ballroom and country, line dancing
- Professional Live entertainment
- Room rental for private parties and meetings
- Free visitor information about clamming, crabbing and fishing and local attractions
- Free visitor information regarding surrounding businesses.
Do yourself a favor, and take time to stop in and look around, say “hi”, have coffee and a sandwich, and come back regularly to take part in the diversity offered in Jitterbug N Java.